is ideal for people with higher support needs who like to stay busy and active. Gold offers the opportunity to try new things and learn new skills. The focus is on personal wellbeing and enrichment. We encourage our team to stay fit, physically and mentally, through engaging with their surroundings; making the most of the 400 acre River Hamble Country Park.
Being outdoors, walking, motorboat trips, bushcraft sessions and outdoor sensory activities form a large part of the programme.
Indoors, we offer yoga, meditation, table top sensory activities as well as having a fully operational Sensory Room.
Another important aspect of our provision is music, with all of our day service team members offered the opportunity to get involved, either with our ukulele band or our percussion sessions.
Every week the Gold group has the opportunity to take part in QE2 Activity Centre’s adventure activities like archery, rifles, climbing and boating.
Length of Session
10:00 - 4:00
up to 6 people per day
Terms & Conditions
QE2 Day Service will
- provide a day service Monday to Friday each week between 9.30 am and 3.30 pm
- provide a mixed timetable with a varied, stimulating programme
- listen to service users and their ideas and views on the service
- encourage people to make choices, be independent and play an active part in the group
- work on a 1:4 staff ratio for the provision of day service activities;
- treat everyone as an adult, with politeness and respect and have respect for privacy and dignity
- keep all personal information confidential
- ensure all staff have DBS checks and adequate training
The Service User (or representative) agrees
- to arrive at QE2 Day Service on the agreed days and to telephone if they are unable to attend
- to take part in group activities and make their wishes known
- service users requiring 1:1 support will need to have arrangements in place to meet their needs
- to listen to others and respect their points of view
- to recognise that everyone needs to take turns at speaking/choosing activities
- to listen to and follow instructions given by members of staff especially around health and safety
- to not leave the premises or leave the group without the express permission of a member of staff
- to talk to others if they are upset or have a problem so it can be sorted out
- to treat everyone with politeness and respect.
QE2 day service and the service user or representative agree that:
- payment for the sessions is £60 per day until further notice (review of charges will take place annually in April).
- Invoices will be sent out monthly (by email, fax or post as agreed) and payment is expected two weeks after invoicing.
- failure to pay fees as above may result in services being terminated,
- missed sessions will be charged for,
- the first 4 weeks is a trial period – at the end of this period we will have a review and both sides will decide whether to continue. During the trial period, payment will be charged. If you decide not to continue at the end of the trial period, you will not be charged for any more sessions (but please telephone to let us know if you aren’t going to continue)
- once the trial period is over, either party may give one month’s notice to terminate the agreement
- QE2 Day Service will not be open on Bank Holidays or during Christmas week
- you can take up to three weeks additional holiday each calendar year without being charged
- QE2 Day Service reserve the right to immediately withdraw service in the event of bullying, harassment, verbal or physical abuse, threatening or inappropriate behaviour, discrimination or intimidation of staff, other service users or others by the service user. Any such incidents will be discussed and reviewed before deciding how to proceed.
- each party will notify the other of any relevant changes in the service user’s circumstances, behaviour, health, etc. as appropriate.