Venue: Sports Hall
In house training with assessment by Activity Manager
Ratio: 1 Instructor to 8 participants
- Checks: Logged monthly inspections will be carried out.
- Equipment will be checked by instructor when setting up and putting away.
All equipment to be set up, or checked by the instructor responsible for the session.
- Equipment in good condition and fully functional.
- Safe practices observed when setting up.
- Ensure the area is clear.
- To assess the needs and aims of the group, including consideration of medical issues.
- To pass on safety information, as appropriate.
- To ensure appropriate manual handling.
- To ensure that equipment is used correctly and the activity is carried out safely.
- Instructor to maintain an awareness of the whole group, involving visiting staff in this.
- Instructor to stress that safety whilst on the equipment Is their main responsibility and that group control is the responsibility of visiting staff members.
- Harnesses must be correctly fitted in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and checked by instructor before the participant leaves the ground.
- Appropriate sizing and fitting is crucial and is the instructor’s responsibility.
- Ensure appropriate clothing and footwear is worn.
- Where necessary ensure that baggy clothing is tucked away, long hair is tied back and sharp objects are removed from pockets.
- Advise participants that wearing jewellery is not recommended.
End of session:
- Equipment to be put away, unless other arrangements have been made.
- When equipment is to be left out (e.g. for following session) steps should be taken to prevent tampering or unsupervised use.
- As when setting up instructor must observe safe practice and take care with equipment.
- Faults: Faulty equipment should be removed from service. Fault should be logged (staffroom whiteboard / checksheet) and made good as soon as possible.
THE INSTRUCTOR HAS FINAL SAY IN DECIDING WHETHER OR NOT A SESSION TAKES PLACE AND IN WHAT MANNER IT IS CARRIED OUT